Casinos in Australia and around the world have long been a source of all kinds of gambling myths. And how could it be otherwise, when the very essence of any gambling game is based on good or bad luck? That’s why players look for and find addictions that seem to influence the outcome of games, card deals and spins. As for the gaming addiction, among the myths and facts about it, there are both true and erroneous concepts. The main thing to know about this unpleasant phenomenon is that here a lot, even almost everything, depends on a particular person and his inclinations and predispositions.
Among the mythology that has arisen around gambling, there are several particularly striking myths, which will be discussed below:
- Luck. In any gamble, luck is of great importance, and it may seem that success or failure depends only on it. In fact, luck doesn’t run the gaming solutions, because in all games, from roulette to poker and baccarat, there are mathematical probabilities of certain events. The odds are always in favor of the casino, even if their value does not seem great. This is where statistics come into play, turning a small probability of winning at the establishment into a stable daily profit.
- “Winning Systems”. Many players apply the laws of mathematics to predict the outcome of games. On the one hand, there is clear evidence of the usefulness of such an approach, especially in such activities as poker. On the other hand, it is obvious that there is no such system which absolutely guarantees not only to give a consistent win, but even can protect from losing.
- Myths about pokies. At one time in the Australian casinos, there was a very popular version that the players in the pokies machines were monitored through special cameras by owners of the institution. And the latter deliberately gave a chance to win to those players that they liked. In fact, this is nonsense, because the work of any mechanism there is based on the Random Number Generator, and making it “give” the winnings is impossible. This also applies to online pokies.
- Blackjack and skill. Blackjack skill is undoubtedly a very important part of a successful blackjack game. You may even think that a gambler with a fair amount of knowledge will be invincible. But that’s not the case, because that’s where chance and statistics come into play. And the use of six decks for the distribution increases the odds of the casino tenfold.
- Bonuses and other rewards. Many gamblers believe that Australian casinos are giving some of their guests free hotel stays and meals as winnings, in recognition of their talents. In fact, everything is simpler here — the administration assesses the financial capabilities of the player, and, if he is able to spend a lot of money, as an incentive to do so and provide him with these bonuses. Such a system is well developed in the field of online gambling as well (just remember welcome bonuses for registration).
- Lotteries. In fact, the chances of winning a more or less decent prize in lotteries are negligible. Nevertheless, hundreds of thousands of Australians buy these tickets every year in the hope that this time they will get the lucky one.
- Horse racing. It seems to be a very serious pastime, in which you have to consider many things — from the parameters and pedigree of the horse to the track record of the jockey — in order to get an accurate bet. But there is also a space for myths. Many racehorse players seriously believe that bright and unusual hats, for example, can bring them good luck, so do betters.
To Sum Up
It is natural for people to invent myths in the fields where they really want to win and succeed. For many, there is nothing wrong with this practice, unless, of course, such superstitions cross the boundaries of reasonableness. Most myths do not stand up to any criticism from the simplest logic, so one should always listen to the voice of reason first.
This article was created after the conference together with BestNetEntCasino.info Team with a few beers 🙂 Don’t take her seriously.